Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Forced Reflection

Tomorrow is my last day at work for the next two weeks while I'm out recovering from a medical procedure. I'll be scrambling to get every last detail sorted out so that I can feel comfortable about being gone so long, and then I'll be scrambling around to figure out what the heck I'm going to do on bed rest for 14 days! Well, it may be more like 10 or so, if I'm feeling particularly healthy and motivated. No matter how great I'll be feeling, one thing I won't be doing is working out - FOR SIX WEEKS.

Six weeks?!? This is a nightmare! Working out is the only thing that balances me when I get stressed, when I'm anxious, when I'm nervous and most certainly, when my diet has severely derailed (see previous posts) and I need a calorie-burning Yin to my junk food Yang. I feel like I'm going to be a ship lost at sea, waiting for the lighthouse that won't be beaming my way into the harbor until New Year's - just in time for those pesky resolutions. In the meantime, I'm a little freaked out about how I'm going to handle myself. With two weeks of laying around ahead of me, I'll definitely have some time to figure it all out.

I'll be sending the next few updates from my makeshift desk of pillows and blankets - stay tuned for all of the excitement!

No comments: