Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Briefly...

Every single time I post, it is ridiculously late and my brain is at about a 4% functioning capacity. So I am very quickly posting to say I'm still here, and new posts will be coming shortly after me. Then I'm going to bed because A: my daughter will be up no less than 17 times tonight, I'm sure, and B: I have an early morning swim planned with my friend Molly and falling asleep in the pool will surely hinder my ability to clock in a good workout.

I trained with Bo yesterday and it was so great. I finally conquered the Spider Monkey and was able to clear the whole weight bench this time - FOR ALL THREE SETS - rather than just barely lift off of the floor, like before. I felt pretty fan-freaking-tastic about myself, I have to say. (If you don't know what the Spider Monkey is, ask Bo - I'm sure he'd love to demonstrate!) Today was our big end-of-the-month push at the gym - a day during which I don't take lunch and I certainly don't work out. I need to be available to sign up the masses! However, last night I packed my workout bag, not even thinking about it, and I'm so happy I did! My wonderful friend Casey, who also trains with Bo, had to cancel her session at literally the last second so she called and offered it to me because it was already paid for and she didn't want it to go to waste. Now I know what I want to be when I grow up: insanely wealthy with unlimited funds to spend on personal training. WHAT A LUXURY it was to train twice in one week!! No wonder we recommend this to members who sign up for PT! It truly, truly makes a difference, and it's so much more motivating! We did this insanely hard yet fun circuit workout in the GGX room and although I'm pretty sure I will have lost complete function of all leg muscles by tomorrow morning, I was stunned by the difference from training just once a week. As my sessions dwindle down to the last few, it's hard for me to appreciate what I have left because now I just want more, more, MORE! If I could go three times a week for two months and combine that with the ultimate perfect nutrition efforts, I can only imagine what would happen! ALL THINGS AWESOME, I know that.

For now, I'll just say I got spoiled this week, and thank you, Casey, for thinking of me! It was truly a great gift, and my motivation is once again right where it should be: going strong. Attitude of gratitude is what I'm sporting today. For my job, for good karma and for good things to come.

No comments: