Pages

Monday, March 07, 2005

Case of the Mondays

I had my goodbye lunch with the Brick Fausch today. We did well until the end, at which point we bawled our heads off. I purposely didn't put much time into my eye makeup today because I knew it would all be gone, anyway, which it is. Tip: Cover Girl melts right off with salty tears. Everyone gets to embrace my natural beauty for the rest of the day!

I was originally supposed to go over to her apartment last night when I got back from being out of town at my mom's, but we didn't get back until late due to the ski traffic coming back down the mountain. Angie had been packing all weekend and was already in bed, so we agreed that she'd come by my apartment early this morning on her way out of town and before I headed to work. It ended up that we met for lunch instead because she got a late start this morning, which was fine because it gave us an hour to hang rather than just hurrying through goodbyes while I got ready for work. We went to the same Wendy's we went to the night she took me to the airport when my dad died, so I thought it was fitting that I order the same meal as I did that night. I don't know why; I'm just bizarre that way. She showed me the apartment complexes she's going to check out when she gets to Omaha, and then we just shot the breeze about her move until she took me back to work. All in all, I think we made it through pretty well, although it still completely sucked. I gave her some half-assed directions to I-76 from downtown, which is ridiculous considering I've lived here for years now, so hopefully she got on the right road. She didn't call and tell me I got her lost, so I assume all went well. She said she'll call when she gets into town tonight.

Guess this means no more Girls' Night on Tuesdays. Funny how just last Tuesday we were chomping our pizza and dissing American Idol contestants with no idea that this whole move was even taking place! I told Angie none of her other friends will appreciate the Papa Murphy's Paparoni like I do!

In no particular order, here's where all of my closest, sweetest, dearest friends are:

Angie - Omaha, Nebraska
Maria - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tammy - Boise, Idaho
Edie - Detroit, Michigan
Amy - Great Falls, Montana
Denise - Farmington, New Mexico
Casey - Billings, Montana

In other words, WAY too far away from me in Denver. By myself, FRIENDLESS.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I am sorry you had to say a physical goodbye, but you will remain friends, even with the distance. My list of friends looks much the same, but I really wish I lived closer to my sister. I miss her most. :(And dang it, now I want something from Wendy's. ~L.

Grace said...

My best friend, Lesley, lives approximately 900 kilometres east of me. It doesn't diminish our friendship. She hates it there so I'll visit whenever I can. Being as encouraging as I am, I've told her to leave her husband. The great thing about a friend that closing living far away is those feelings you get. For some unknown reason out of the blue you're dialing her number and she says when she answers, "I was just going to call you." Distance is temporary, her place in your heart is forever.I'm getting mushy this week. I need someone to slap me upside the head.

Anonymous said...

That's my kind of farewell meal: Junior Bacon Cheeseburger with a Frosty. Man, that sounds really good . . . at 8:30 this morning. Maybe I'll hold off until around 10am. I can call it brunch then.It sucks when friends live all over the friggin' continent. However, it just gives all the more reason to visit exotic locales like--uh, Iowa. When they come to you, it's an all-intensive reunion-fest where the other people around you don't matter. I have given my friends and co-workers fair warning that when you come to visit me, I am essentially non-existent. Love you, keep your head up, and make sure that Scott wears the footy pajamas during the slumber parties, they really bring out his eyes.Bimpsie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Three years and going strong. Love you,Bimpsie

Boonzie said...

Laura - I hear you; I miss my sis, too. She lives in Chicago; too far!Grace - It's okay - you can be mushy! I am a big fan of mushy!Bimpsy - Believe me, if I could find footy pajamas to fit the Big Guy, I would, just for the laughs! Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I can't WAIT until my Chicago trip in April!

joycobobo :) said...

I'm sorry about this, too. You know I'm feeling your pain. And I love that Great Falls, Montana is frequently mentioned on your site. My dad's family is there. I always want to go back.