Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Baby on the Way!

My water broke at my doctor's appointment today - woo hoo! It was so crazy. After everything I've read about how it doesn't really happen like in the movies with the big gush of water and that usually I'd already be well into labor, it was a huge shock that it happened like it did. Sean and I were in the exam room waiting to get checked to see how things are progressing and let's just say it was pretty much the Hollywood version of water breaking! So now, I am at home, four hours later and waiting for contractions to start, still feeling wonderful and awesome and frankly, a little in shock! I've cleaned, I've organized, I've done my hair and messed with my makeup and now I am waiting to hear from the doctor on call to see if I need to go to the hospital yet. Supposedly things should be getting interesting at any time but it all still feels completely normal at this point. I really don't want to hang out at the hospital if I can just as easily be at home, so I am curious to see what the doctor will say...

No comments: